Welcome to the Centre for Research in Lifelong Learning (CRLL)
The Centre was established in 1999 as a joint enterprise between Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) and the University of Stirling.
Since its inception, CRLL has sought to develop and maintain an infrastructure for the promotion and support of research in the field of lifelong learning that transcends disciplinary, institutional, sectoral and national boundaries. It has built an international reputation for its contribution to the research base, providing not just analysis of key issues and problems, but interpretation and contribution to policy and practice.
Working in collaborative partnership with other researchers, universities, colleges, government and related agencies CRLL’s work encompasses:
- Research in the fields of post-compulsory education policy and practice
- Supervision for doctoral studies
- Consultancy for government, industry and educational sectors
- Conferences, seminars and related knowledge exchange events
- Networking with international researchers and scholars